Capital Markets Jr. Trading Analyst
San Diego, CA
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a hybrid remote Capital Markets Junior Trading Analyst for our National Wholesale Division.
** Must live in the San Diego, CA area to be considered **
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza employs a network of mortgage associates to serve is clients nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The Capital Markets Junior Trading Analyst will be responsible for evaluating and quantifying the company's profitability on numerous levels. This position will report trends and determine appropriate and cost-efficient solutions to maximize the company's net income.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
1. Work directly with various wholesale, retail, and closed-loan purchase channels to provide feedback and suggestions to improve the bottom line.
2. Track market and lender activities.
3. Measure and monitor the market, liquidity and credit risk.
4. Develop and communicate tactical and strategic recommendations on portfolio activity to senior management.
5. Provide daily pricing and transactional support to Secondary Marketing department.
6. Work closely with Treasury department and warehouse lenders to ensure timely and complete settlement of loan sale proceeds
7. Ensure trades are satisfied within the required deadlines.
8. Communicate with broker-dealers to confirm trade details and resolve any trade issues.
9. Assist in the daily capital markets activities of inputting trades, creating reports, and/or analyzing data.
10. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration or related field.
- Mortgage Banking experience and/or knowledge preferable
- Financial analysis tools including, but not limited to MS Excel, Crystal Reports, MS Access, Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Applications, SQL, Relational Databases
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex ideas to management and sales staff
- Ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meeting deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Personal Credibility
This position receives daily guidance and instruction from the Capital Markets Trading Analyst and AVP, Secondary Marketing. Incumbent makes some decisions within scope of job responsibilities and within the framework of Plaza's written policies and procedures. Work is consistently reviewed by manager
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS:
Internally: Corporate executives/manager, company branch managers, and staff (including Account Executives, Client Service Representatives, Wholesale Loan Processors, Underwriters, Loan Registration Specialists, and Closer/Funders).
Externally: Approved Bankers, Brokers/Correspondents, Investors, Mortgage Insurers, and other industry partners.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB:
This position requires constant talking, hearing, and use of hands and fingers, as well as frequent standing and walking as well as occasional stooping, kneeling, twisting, turning, bending at waist, crouching and reaching with hands and arms. Incumbent must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Good vision at both close range and at distance is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
This position works primarily indoors in an office setting with occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions. A moderate noise level is typical for the work environment of this job. Some rare travel by car or plane may be required.
Plaza offers a great work environment. Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza's workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza's workforce.
Plaza's employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza's employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.