Loan Servicing Specialist
San Diego, CA
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Loan Servicing Specialist!
** Must live in the San Diego area
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
The Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for providing prompt and accurate responses to both internal and external customers' mortgage servicing questions and concerns received by telephone and email. This position communicates regularly with Plaza's sub-servicer to resolve boarding and loan-level issues as well as provide approval/guidance on Loss Mitigation activity.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- FHA 203k service to include: welcome calls, follow-up on outstanding work, disbursement of 203k funds, ordering mechanic lien, final disbursements, and close out in FHA Connect.
- Properly document loan specific activity in servicing system.
- Follow-up and research to resolve loan level issues.
- Process incoming mail, handle payments in LOS system, and balance and make bank deposits as necessary.
- Forward payments to investors and sub-servicer as required.
- Perform loan-level servicing audits.
- Generate reports using Crystal.
- Perform various system uploads and downloads.
- Responsible for timely and accurate transmission of loans to the appropriate sub-servicer, including data transmission, balancing, escrow transfers, transfer of images, tracking and follow-up within the LOS system.
- Adhere to operational controls, including legal, corporate and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer mortgage assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Customer service experience with telephone exposure is essential
· Current knowledge of mortgage servicing a plus
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and the ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate work
· Capability to manage time, multi-task, and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment with a heavy volume of transactions, as well as ability to meet and handle deadlines
· Solid commitment to customer and associate service
· Exceptional phone etiquette
· Outstanding problem-solving skills
· Ability to work in both a team and individual environment
· Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office, Internet Browsers, and email functions
- Quality Work
- Client Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
This position receives daily guidance and instruction from the Loan Servicing Supervisor. Incumbent makes some decisions within scope of job responsibilities and within written policy and standard operating procedures. Work is consistently reviewed by supervisor.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS:
Internally: Corporate and branch staff
Externally: Approved Bankers, Brokers/Correspondents, Investors, Mortgage Insurers, Sub-Servicers, and other industry partners
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB:
This position requires constant talking, hearing, and use of hands and fingers, as well as frequent standing and walking as well as occasional stooping, kneeling, twisting, turning, bending at waist, crouching and reaching with hands and arms. Incumbent must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Good vision at both close range and at distance is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
This position works primarily indoors in an office setting with occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions. A moderate noise level is typical for the work environment of this job. Some rare travel by car or plane may be required.
Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza's workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza's workforce.
Plaza's employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza's employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.