Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company has a full-time opportunities for Closers to join our East Coast Wholesale Division!
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for the coordination of loan closings and the preparation of closing packages, including the issuance of funds. (This position is dedicated to non-escrow states).
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Manage pipeline for loans that are cleared-to-close and ready for closing documents to be prepared; oversee Docs Out to confirm loans closed and when package will be returned; review loans in Docs Back status to ensure that post-closing package is shipped.
- Closely examine all information pertaining to fees, rates, property information, vesting, etc. in loan file to ensure accuracy prior to drawing documents.
- Verify Fee Sheets and Doc Order requests.
- Look over all third-party invoices confirming they match those fees displayed on final HUD.
- Review FraudGaurd for any MERS updated information and third-party alerts. If new, third-parties entered into the LOS, rerun FraudGuard.
- Ensure that all Prior to Doc conditions have been reviewed and signed off by underwriter.
- Check title report for correct endorsements and approved items, and to verify that Borrower and property are correct.
- Complete all required worksheets and checklists including Hazard Worksheet, Tax Worksheet, and closing checklist.
- Conduct compliance review of GFE, TILA, and Compliance Ease, and validate that the loan passes all federal and state rules.
- Coordinate and schedule loan closing.
- Verify pricing is in compliance with Plaza’s closing manual.
- Prepare all closing documents and funding figures, and send to Settlement Agent.
- Notify appropriate parties when documents are ready.
- Validate estimated HUD-1 for all compliance requirements, if applicable.
- Run a ‘tape’ to verify that the wire is correct and the loan balances. Double check all feeds for accuracy.
- Review final funding conditions provided to determine requirements are met and either sign off or recondition, if not satisfactory.
- When all conditions are met and Settlement Agent is ready to fund, update conditions, interest, funding date, wire information, and impounds. Check fees for accuracy and request wire in system.
- Confirm loans closed and funded with Settlement Agent. Ensure that proper fees are collected and that funding figures are calculated correctly.
- Post-closing and index closing packages.
- Review final HUD-1 for all compliance requirements. If fees change, rerun compliance test.
- Assess file for completeness and accuracy to ensure compliance with government and company requirements.
- Prepare collateral package to be shipped to warehouse bank per daily instructions.
- Send follow-up documentation to corporate departments.
- Perform related duties as directed by Manager and/or Assistant Vice President
- Help Assistant Vice President and Underwriting as required.
- Ensure all loans close and fund in adherence to all Plaza’s Policy & procedures, and are in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Examine other closers’ loan documents and fund files as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.