San Diego, CA
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Collateral Specialist.
** The position is hybrid remote and must live in San Diego, CA **
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for monitoring all collateral for timely delivery and clearing all collateral exceptions. The Collateral Specialist ensures delivery of all collateral for loan purchase.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
1. Track daily collateral shipped reports to ensure timely delivery of collateral from Correspondents to the applicable warehouse banks.
2. Contact Correspondents regarding any outstanding collateral packages and exceptions.
3. Communicate with warehouse banks to clear Correspondent loans for purchase.
4. Run daily funded allocation reports and request notes to be shipped from the applicable warehouse bank to Investors.
5. Check daily outstanding aged collateral reports.
6. Assess timely Correspondent MERS Beneficial Interest and Servicing transfers.
7. Monitor daily warehouse bank exception reports and clear accordingly.
8. Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Prior experience in the mortgage banking industry and experience performing MERS online system activities strongly desired
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills essential
· Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to consistently prioritize and produce accurate work within set deadlines required
· Ability to manage time and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with heavy volume of transactions is crucial
· Strong commitment to customer and associate service
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to use independent judgment skills essential to making quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures
· Proven aptitude to work in both a team and individual environment
· Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet Browsers
· Knowledge of DataTrac a plus
- Quality Work
- Achievement Orientation
- Information Management
- Client Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
This position receives instructions from the Shipping Manager. Incumbent makes some decisions within scope of job responsibilities and within written policy and standard operating procedures. Incumbent's work is consistently reviewed by manager.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS:
Internally: Corporate, branch, and correspondent channel staff
Externally: Correspondents, external vendors, banks, and other industry partners.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB:
This position requires constant talking, hearing, and use of hands and fingers, as well as frequent standing and walking as well as occasional stooping, kneeling, twisting, turning, bending at waist, crouching and reaching with hands and arms. Incumbent must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Good vision at both close range and at distance is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
This position works primarily indoors in an office setting with occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions. A moderate noise level is typical for the work environment of this job. Some rare travel by car or plane may be required.
Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza's workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza's workforce.
Plaza's employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza's employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.