Mortgage Operations Manager
San Diego, CA
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Reverse Operations Manager! Must be located in the San Diego area.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day branch operations processes and procedures. Maintains daily oversight of all the functions including underwriting from a file flow perspective. Provides daily reports to team members to ensure turn time and production goals are met. Works to ensure superior operations and provide support to our internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Manages overall day to day operations within branch.
- Oversees file flow from set up, underwriting, docs to funding.
- Supervises operational staff in branch region including monitoring of sick and vacation time for payroll.
- Helps resolve any issues to ensure quality, and that loans close in a timely manner.
- Works with accounting on out of balance fundings.
- Assist purchase clearing with any loans that have purchasing issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in loan origination (as an Operations Manager) with a track record of success in the mortgage industry
- Previous team lead, supervisory, or commensurate experience with the ability to lead and motivate staff
- Strong understanding of wholesale and correspondent loan origination, underwriting processes and procedures, and mortgage industry standards is strongly preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication as well as strong presentation skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all branch and company personnel as well as brokers
- Exceptional attention to detail, the ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Solid commitment to customer service with exceptional client relations skills
- Awareness of Plaza's competition and broker needs
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Analytical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Interactive Communication
- Leading and Managing Change
- Team Leadership
This position receives occasional supervision and instructions from the Regional Manager as well as guidance from the Corporate Office staff. Incumbent makes decisions within scope of job responsibilities in accordance with company policy as well as state and federal laws.
This position manages the Branch operations team.
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS:
Internally: Branch staff including internal processors, closers, supervisors, managers, and underwriters, and occasionally with corporate office staff.
Externally: Occasionally with external brokers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB:
This position requires constant talking, hearing, and use of hands and fingers along with frequent standing and walking as well as occasional stooping, kneeling, twisting, turning, bending at waist, crouching and reaching with hands and arms. Incumbent must be able to sporadically lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Good vision at both close range and at distance is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
This position works primarily indoors in an office setting with occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions. A moderate noise level is typical for the work environment of this job. Some rare travel by car or plane may be required.
USE OF DISCRETION AND INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT:
This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the branch office using independent judgment daily to ensure the branch is profitable and also makes decisions on hiring and terminations with the assistance of the Regional Manager and input from the Corporate Human Resources Department.
IMPACT OF POSITION ON ORGANIZATION:
This position assists in the formulation of branch policies that impact employment and operations. An error made by incumbent could result in serious legal and financial consequences to the organization.
Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza's workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza's workforce.
Plaza's employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza's employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.