Divisional Vice President
San Diego, CA
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Divisional Vice President of West Coast Production for our West Coast Wholesale Division.
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
** Must have recent Wholesale Mortgage experience **
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position will oversee Plaza's West Coast production, partner with Sales Managers on ensuring quality customer service and business knowledge from all Account Executives within their territory, and ensure monthly production goals are met. The Divisional Vice President of West Coast Production will develop ways to increase market share and sales in the West Coast Regions.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by the needs of the company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Oversee all sales activity and performance within the West Coast Regions in collaboration with President, National Wholesale Production.
- Oversee and manage West Coast Wholesale Division.
- Assist in the review of loan packages if needed, to ensure compliance with underwriting standards.
- Answer Account Executive inquiries regarding policy and procedure.
- Assist in the development of new marketing opportunities.
- Maintain familiarity with the applicable state licensing requirements.
- Ensure Account Executives are gathering all applicable financials, resumes, licenses, and contract documentation for submission to Regional Management.
- Maintain contact with client base as a quality control measure.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in loan origination with a track record of success in the mortgage industry
- Ability to motivate and lead staff
- Current producing client base is strongly desired
- Must possess solid understanding of wholesale loan origination, underwriting processes and procedures, and mortgage industry standards
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills essential
- Strong presentation skills
- Professional demeanor to effectively interact with all branch and company personnel, as well as brokers
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate work and manage time
- Solid commitment to customer service with excellent client relations skills
- Analytical ability with an aptitude for figures necessary
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet Browsers
- Company personnel who will be driving on company business will be required to maintain a valid driver's license, car insurance, and a clean driving record
- This is not a remote opportunity - incumbent will work in our Jacksonville, Florida or Boston, Massachusetts office.
- Achievement Orientation
- Client Focus
- Relationship Building
- Results Management
This position receives regular supervision and instructions from the President of Wholesale Production as well as guidance from the Corporate Office staff. Incumbent makes decisions within scope of job responsibilities in accordance with company policy as well as state and federal laws.
This position supervises all the West Coast Regional Vice Presidents and West Coast Account Executive Team.
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS:
Internally: Company branch managers and staff (including Account Executives, Sales Managers, Client Service Representatives, Wholesale Loan Processors, Underwriters, Loan Registration Specialists, and Closer/Funders).
Externally: Approved Brokers and Correspondents, Investors, Mortgage Insurers, and other industry partners.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB:
This position requires constant talking, hearing, and use of hands and fingers, as well as frequent standing and walking. This position also requires occasional stooping, kneeling, twisting, turning, bending at waist, crouching and reaching with hands and arms. Incumbent must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Good vision at both close range and at distance is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
This position works primarily indoors in an office setting with occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions. A moderate noise level is typical for the work environment of this job. Daily travel by car as well as occasional travel by plane may be required.
USE OF DISCRETION AND INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT:
This position makes decisions utilizing independent judgment within scope of job responsibilities in accordance with company policy as well as state and federal laws.
IMPACT OF POSITION ON ORGANIZATION:
This position ensures branch and company policies are followed, trains new staff to ensure they are in compliance with state and federal laws, and often represents the company with external brokers/clients. An error made by incumbent could result in serious and financial consequences to the organization.
Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza's workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza's workforce.
Plaza's employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza's employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.