Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a remote Business Analyst!
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for defining the requirements for deliverables to support technology projects of all sizes. Projects involve working on a very large system implementation. The position is expected to work with technology staff. Manage emails, phone calls and in-person meetings to follow up and assist with the delivery of work to move the effort of the project forward.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Business analysis and requirements gathering for technology projects of varying size and
- Schedule and coordinate meetings to communicate direction and assignments of work to be completed.
- Gather day-to-day functional details to assist with decision making.
- Develop plans from collaborative discussions with team members for completing phases and major activities of the project.
- Communicate progress, issues, and risks to the senior leadership
regularly as part of status discussions.
- Manage the review, discussion, and agreement for business requirements documentation for a commercial off the shelf (COTS) loan origination software (LOS) application.
- Follow-up with vendors and internal associates to manage project deliverables.
- Define testing scenarios and write test cases, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree desired
- 5+ years applied experience as a business analyst engaged in complex, process improvement and technology projects
- Process improvement experience a plus; mortgage operations experience a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills essential
- Sound analytical and decision-making capabilities along with good follow up skills
- An understanding of testing as it occurs in a software development project
- Skilled in working on projects that follow a traditional water fall SDLC
- Knowledge working on projects that follow Agile or SCRUM Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio or other visual mapping software is
- Strong attention to detail with ability to manage multiple priorities and possess exceptional organizational skills
- Proven aptitude to work collaboratively with multiple team members
- Quality Work
- Relationship Building
- Writing Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Time Management
Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza's workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza's workforce.
Plaza's employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza's employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.