Project Review Specialist
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale and correspondent mortgage company has a full-time opportunity for a Mortgage Project Review Specialist to join our Corporate Office!
Founded in 2000, Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is a privately owned, full-service national lender, offering Wholesale, Correspondent, Renovation and Reverse residential mortgages. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Plaza maintains a network of Operations Centers and employs mortgage associates nationwide. Plaza is dedicated to building quality, long-term relationships with its mortgage broker and correspondent clients by offering comprehensive programs and exceptional customer experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This Project Review Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing external business partners and internal Plaza associates with project documentation review results related to various condominium and co-operative project types. The Project Review Specialist will provide client support/research for questions that may arise during the processing/underwriting/closing of condominium and co-operative loans. Additionally, successful completion of training pertaining to the review of condominium and/or co-operative projects may be required. We are looking for a candidate who has experience reviewing property/projects and knows how to review a condo. A Project Review Specialist is a support role that should have experience with condo approvals.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of loans ranging from pre-certified bulks, certified and uncertified loan reviews.
- 2. Provide complete documentation review to determine project eligibility based upon Secondary Market and private investor guidelines.
- Financial statement knowledge and analysis (budget, reserve study, audited financials, etc).
- Project insurance knowledge of all applicable coverages (property, liability, fidelity, flood) for compliance with Secondary Market requirements.
- FNMA CPM and CVAS PEW submission requests when applicable.
- Legal documentation review in conjunction with new project GSE Rep and Warrant.
- Proficient with requirements for FNMA/FHLMC Full Project Reviews.
- Proficient with requirements for FHA DELRAP/HRAP review and submission/upload.
- Proficient with the updated FHA Single-Loan Condo Approval Process.
- 10. Provide phone and email support to Plaza Account Executives, wholesale brokers and correspondents on all condominium and co-operative related questions.
- 11. Knowledge of and/or ability to research FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA project eligibility guidelines.